post from the old blog,
a quick and easy go to outfit for a night out.
Just the other day one of my closes friends turned 20, of course this calls for a celebration.. and celebrate we did! My dear Michelle organized a cozy and fun get together with a few of her close friends. I had quite some laughs and drinks – basically, I had a good time.
But here is the thing with couch lounge birthday parties… I never know what to wear! For this party especially, I had quite a struggle (mini panic attack even!) deciding on what I should wear. I wanted it to be comfortable but fashionable and more importantly; figure flattering.
What i needed was that one ultimate go to outfit: basic, quick, easy, comfortable, figure flattering, but also; fashionable and jaw dropping gorgeous.
I want to introduce you to my new Emergency OOTN (keep reading to GET THE LOOK or MY LOOK):
GET THE LOOK
- Go for basic black and simple blouse. ( I went for one that is loose enough to hide the belly, because alcohol makes me a bit bloatty)
- Nice pair of black trousers (for my look I went with skinny jeans because they lift my bum and elongate my legs)
- Statement shoes! ( because the outfit is all black, it is ok to go for shoes with an attitude, be outgoing! You could go for a bright and popping color or a nice print, have fun with it)
- A basic (clutch)bag to compliment your outfit (and to of course keep all your essentials in)
- A nice and bulky/big necklace to up the status of your top from a yawn to a wow (or go for a blouse with a nice neckline, cutout or ruffle to get that wow factor)
- Fun and playful rings or bracelet
- Simple eyes and a bold lip are definitely my go to party look; it is fun, playful and sexy. I just love a bold lip and think it definitely complements an all black outfit.
GET MY LOOK
Blouse from Primark €9,-
Trousers fromH&M €19,99
Shoes from Nelly.com €39,95
Coat from Zara €160,- (on sale for €99,99)
Bag by Parfois (gift)
Lipstick by MAC – Russian Red €19,-
Do you have an go to/emergency look? And would you wear your own version of my Emergency OOTN?